Montilla-Moriles Wine Region
Montilla is the center of this Denomination of Origine wine zone. The winemaking history of this
area dates back to the Romans and the Moors and it's quite possible the oldest in Andalucia. The
landscape here is dry and the soil is a blinding white Albariza (white marl composed of clay,
calcium and marine fossils). Its excellent moisture retention is very signifcant as this area is hotter
than almost any where else in Spain .
The main white grape variety of this area is the worldwide known Pedro Ximenez. With a delicate skin and high sugar content, the wine that are made from it, reach up to 14 and 16% alcohol, leaving behind plenty of residual sugar. They are then matured using the solera system and classifed into the following styles: Joven (young and fruity), Fino (dry and nutty), Oloroso (richer and heavier), Amontillado (gradually oxidated) and Pedro Ximenez (sweet and thick, honoring the actual grape name)
- Guided visit to an olive mill farm and museum to experience the production of Extra Virgin olive
- Olive oil and fresh baked bread taste
- Guided visit to a local winery including wine taste of the 5 different varieties from this region.
- Lunch at the winery
- Private transport to the different destinations
- Entrance tickets (when needed)
- Private guide speaking English, French and Spanish
- Price: on request