Iberian ham experience in the
Located in the central area of Sierra Morena mountains (North Córdoba). The most characteristic
elements of the landscape are the holm oak trees of the Dehesa pastureland, where the iberian
pigs are released to eat its beloved acorns from November till March. The Dehesa is one of the
best preserved ecosystems in Europe, where livestock breeds live side by side with wild species
(deer, wild boars, wildcats, imperial eagles, black vultures...)
At he border with los Pedroches Valley, also within the Sierra Morena mountains, is located the Natural Park of Cardeña and Montoro. The dominant vegetation is the holm oak, wild olive trees, cork oaks and gall oaks. One of the most outstanding features of this reserve is its wide diversity of fauna.
- Dehesa experience: private hiking tour to discover the unique ecosystem of a Dehesa land,
where the Iberian pigs are raised. Animal watching (deers, boars, lynx or eagles).
- Lunch in the Dehesa including a taste of local Jamón ibérico from one of the most awarded
producers in Spain.
- Visit to some of the picturesque little towns from the Natural Park of Cardeña and Montoro.
- Private transport to the different destinations
- Entrance tickets (when needed)
- Private guide speaking English, French and Spanish
- Price: on request