Horseback Riding Tour
Day 1 Arrival to Sevilla // OVN SEVILLA
- Check-into a small, 3* boutique hotel in Sevilla.
- Optionals: Flamenco show (1h), horse carriage tour (1h) or Guadalquivir river cruise (1h)
Day 2 SEVILLA // OVN DOÑANA
- Morning sightseeing guided tour of Sevilla including the impressive Cathedral and the Santa Cruz
quarter ( 2.30h).
- In the afternoon we head to an Andalusian Cortijo in the Aljarafe Valley (Guadalquivir rive side between Sevilla and Huelva coast) for a scenic and exciting ride.
Day 3 DOÑANA NATURAL PARK // OVN DOÑANA
- Visit to one of the most fascinating nature reserves in the surrounding areas from our Cortijo in Aljarafe, Doñana National Park. A Unesco world heritage site, home to hundreds of birds and mammals. The biodiversity of Doñana is unique in all of Europe. With its three main ecosystems it provides shelter for over 360 species of birds, migrating to Africa each year.
Day 4 JEREZ // OVN JEREZ
- Head to the famous Andalusian equestrian town of Jerez. Jerez is also famous for its wine production, particularly sherry wine. We will be treated to an equestrian show at the Royal Andalusian school of Equestrian Art. In the afternoon check-in at a Hotel Spa in the centre of Jerez. Free evening to visit and enjoy Jerez.
Day 5 JEREZ // OVN JEREZ
- Horse ride through the Jerez countryside and vineyards and olive groves stopping at a private family fnca/cottage known as El Salto al Cielo. Here you can visit the private bullring dated from the XVII century, the stables with pure Jerez race horses, the farm and the private bodega to taste one of the best sherry of the area. Another free evening in Jerez.
Day 6 TARIFA // OVN TARIFA
- Head south to Tarifa, small town in the province of Cádiz, on the southernmost coast of Spain. The town is located on the Costa de la Luz (“coast of light”) and across the Strait of Gibraltar facing Morocco. We will ride on the stunning white sand beaches, splashing through turquoise blue waves on Spanish and Arabian horses. Tonight we will stay at a beautiful relaxing hotel close to the beach.
Day 7 GRANADA // OVN GRANADA
- Head East to Granada. Granada’s unique clash of cultures and history provides exploration of a city unlike any other. Free evening to explore the city centre, the Albaicin quarter, the famous Mirador de San Nicolas (the best views over the Alhambra) and the amazing tapas bars in town.
- Tonight we will stay at a medium size 3 star hotel in the heart of Granada.
Day 8 GRANADA // OVN GUADIX
- Guided tour of the Alhambra Palace in Granada. It is the most renowned building of the Andalusian Islamic historical legacy. An architectural marvel and a divine inspiration for the Moors, declared world heritage site along with the Generalife gardens and the Albaicin quarter.
- In the afternoon we head to the region of Guadix, located in the northern foothills of the Sierra Nevada. We will ride through some of the special protected areas such as the Gorge of Gorafe, the Mencal, the river basin of Guadix. We will stay two nights in a rural accommodation located right in the middle of this extraordinary natural environment, which has been a flm shooting scenery under famous titles and movies such as Doctor Zhivago or Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade!
Day 9 GUADIX // OVN GUADIX
- We will carry on enjoying the jewels of this biosphere reserve by having a second ride through the surroundings and you also have the chance to beneft of the natural hot springs of Alicún de La Torre, where is still remain very well preserved the oldest natural aqueduct in Europe.
DAY 10- Depart to Granada airport.
Please note: the above itinerary may change at any time due to circumstances beyond our control